Here you can view the file (pdf) containing the basic rules of the reviewing procedure
[File pdf – basic rules of the reviewing procedure]
The file contains:
The main rules regarding the reviewing procedure of texts submitted for publication in the periodical the “Religious and Sacred Poetry: An International Quarterly of Religion, Culture and Education”
(in accordance with the instruction of the Ministry of Science and the Universities / Higher Education in the Republic of Poland)
- For evaluating scholarly texts (dissertations / scholarly articles / scholarly messages / research reports), submitted by the authors for consideration by the Editorial Board before publishing in the periodical the “Religious and Sacred Poetry: An International Quarterly of Religion, Culture and Education” the recommended external reviewers are appointed by the members of the International Scholarly Board of this periodical.
- When evaluating each scholarly text as part of a review (each dissertation, article, research message, or research report) the Editorial Board appoints at least two independent external reviewers from outside of the unit, including at least one native speaker of a language used in a given text presented for publication).
- By the ‘unit’ we understand the home university, to which the following are affiliated: The president of the International Scholarly Board, the Editor in Chief of the periodical and an author of the scholarly text. The external reviewer cannot belong to the Editorial Board nor to the International Scholarly Board of the “Religious and Sacred Poetry: An International Quarterly of Religion, Culture and Education”.
- In reference to the texts in foreign tongues (i.e. in a language other than Polish), such as English, Czech, Slovakian or Russian, the Editorial Board appoints at least one external reviewer affiliated to the foreign institute and different from the country of the author of the text submitted for publication.
- The Editorial Board of the periodical and the Publisher accept the model of the double-blind review process, in which the author(s) and the external reviewers do not know one another, and all scholarly texts are coded before they are sent out to the reviewers in order to exclude mutual identification.
- Once a year on the periodical’s website (on the Internet portal) we publish the full list (the complete register) of external reviewers. The list of reviewers contains: a name(s), a surname, scholarly grade or title, affiliation (university, place, and country). The list is arranged in alphabetical order according to surnames in ascending order along the Latin alphabet.
- With each reviewer the Editorial Board (Publisher) makes a separate agreement regulating the principles of their mutual cooperation.
- A review, always in a written form, ends with a unanimous decision of approval for publishing a text (i.e. acceptance for publication) or rejection of a text (i.e. not allowing for publication). The method of review (of dissertation, article, research message, or research report) can be found on the website of the periodical (on the internet portal of the periodical).
- At the time of the issue of a volume of the periodical, the evaluation of each text (dissertation, article, research report or communication) is placed on the web site of the periodical.
Marek Mariusz Tytko
(Translated by Sr Adelajda Sielepin CHR, Mark Simon Bonnet and Muir Alan Evenden)